Boost retailer confidence via implementing effective engagement strategies.
Updated: Oct 30, 2019
The importance of engaging and nurturing your shopper community effectively
It's a no-brainer that in order for consumers to spend money on products from traditional retailers, they need a compelling reason to step foot inside their stores. In order to increase sales and retailer confidence, shopping centres like yours have to optimise their marketing and event strategy to get consumers off the couch and back in through your doors.
By reshaping the shopping experience for consumers with interactive experiences and events, you can educate as well as entertain your consumer community. The end goal is to keep them inside the complex longer, increasing your 'dwell' time and ultimately create loyal brand advocates, whom not only shop in your centre frequently, but tell their friends how good it is too.
Here are a few reasons why an increase in shopper engagement leads to an increase in sales:
· Building Relationships - consumers want to shop in establishments they like, that they feel share similar values and work hard to give them a different experience than their competitors. By connecting with your shoppers on this level, you are developing a relationship with your consumers that will drive foot traffic and ultimately sales, for years to come.
· Education - The more engaged your shoppers are within your community, the better educated they become about your retailers, facilities and services.
· Social Sharing - When consumers are having fun, they tend to want to share that experience with their personal communities. The more fun they are having, the more they are going to come back and share again. You can't beat organic sharing!
· Entertainment - Everyone makes time to do things or go places where they know they are going to be entertained.. Whether it's a scavenger hunt through the centre, VIP nights, playing games, participating in activities and competitions - shoppers will make time to visit your centre if you're making it a priority to entertain them while they're there! Especially parents ;)
· Captured Data - The more you engage with your shopping community, they more you will learn about them, their habits and preferences. Leveraging off your interactive experiences and events is a great way to capture the data of your consumer community to research and keep the conversation going. Nurturing your shoppers is key!